Hardware Specialist I On-site. Bangalore
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
How you’ll make an impact
- Configure new hardware
- Ship hardware to new and existing employees
- Receive returned hardware and process for redeployment or retirement as applicable
- Install and update software packages
- System troubleshooting, including but not limited to boot issues and virus removals
- Manage inventory in the CMDB as needed for computers and peripherals
- Test, troubleshoot, and diagnose computer hardware failures
- Replace and/or repair faulty components
- Perform quality inspection of hardware
- Use computer based systems to enter/record required data
- Report on progress, including any issues, to the supervisor; giving suggestions to optimize service offered and processes
- Maintain the department in a clean and orderly manner
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as assigned
How you’ll make an impact
- Previous experience in the IT field is preferred
- Proficient in Active Directory Domain Services
- Knowledge of Office 365 administration
- Strong computer support skills
- Basic understanding of networking
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable maintaining and replacing computer hardware components
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.