Business Relationship Manager | Denver, CO or Leawood, KS
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
This position will be hired in either our Denver, CO or Leawood, KS location with an expectation of 2 days per week in the office.
The Business Relationship Manager is a senior level contributor who is responsible for managing IT’s relationships with Optiv business owners to drive positive change across the organization. Working both independently, and within the structure of a project team, the BRM is expected to lead and guide process discussions focused at finding inefficiencies, pain points and bottlenecks, with the goal of implementing improvements leveraging Optiv’s enterprise applications platform. Using expert communication skills, the BRM is expected to articulate issues, solutions and other related topics across all levels of the organization.
How you'll make an impact
- The BRM is responsible for gathering business requirements, guiding the vision of what needs to be built and leading the definition and prioritization of the initiative while working with stakeholders, developers and internal/external customers to deliver on that vision.
- Facilitate workshops and discovery sessions to define business processes, identify requirements, determine business needs and build technology roadmaps.
- Define appropriate systems enhancements and configurations for Optiv IT technical resources to meet business process requirements.
- Own, prioritize, and maintain the development request backlog (i.e. the Jira stories).
- Facilitate creating business cases, scoping documents, level of effort estimates, and other analyses to support business owners’ requests for IT engagement.
- Lead and support cross-business governance and prioritization of development initiatives.
- Engage in change management initiatives in support of new processes and technologies.
- Lead vendor selection activities for both software applications and professional services.
- Lead vendor management activities with software providers and professional services firms including pricing and terms negotiations, scoping, and performance measurement.
- Assist business owners with the definition of strategies for implementing process improvements, re-designs and simplifications to adapt to changing business needs.
- Conduct other project management tasks as needed, including defining tasks, timelines, allocating resources and managing dependencies and risks.
- Create and maintain business process models and process maps. Ensure existing and future business processes are aligned with Optiv’s strategy and vision. As appropriate, coordinate re-engineering efforts with process owners to align with established standards and policies.
- Ensure compliance as needed with company and department standards, such as SOX and ITIL.
- Report to Optiv leadership on the validation and status of policy and process improvement initiatives.
- Stay abreast with technological advances, standards revisions and other developments throughout the industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for
- Process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of SAP, Salesforce, OpenAir, and NetSuite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing multiple tasks in parallel
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- College degree or equivalent experience, A.S. or higher
- Working knowledge of content management systems and online collaboration tools
- Knowledge of the information security industry
- US Citizenship residing on US soil
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cybersecurity solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations – Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.
With Optiv you can expect
• Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge as well as 9 paid holidays annually
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Premium contributions by Optiv to Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• Contributions by Optiv to Health Saving Accounts (HSA)
• Optiv-paid Basic Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement, certification support and student loan refinancing
• Optiv matching contribution to 401(k) with immediate vesting
• Health Advocate/ Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – One-on-one help navigating healthcare and insurance systems; confidential Licensed Counseling sessions
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.