Sr. Consultant - PKI/HSM | Remote, USA
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
The Senior Consultant PKI/HSM works as a key member within the Data Protection Team. The primary focus for this role is to act as a senior technology lead for large scale Public Key Infrastructure solution deployments and professional services engagements. In a typical engagement, you will be providing technical oversight and guidance to PKI subject matter experts with a strong focus on planning, design, architecture, and technical project oversight. There will be some hands-on aspects of the role with leading vendor technologies within the PKI technology landscape, so previous experience configuring, managing, operating and administration of PKI solutions is expected. The successful candidate will possess deep technical knowledge of several security technologies; with a focus on certificate authority, certificated lifecycle management, hardware security modules and with key technology solution that integrate with a PKI ecosystem, such as identity provider, ITSM solutions and associated devops/devsecops (automation, IaC, Vault, etc.).
How you will make an impact
- Provide technical leadership to PKI and Data Protection focused consultants and senior consultants
- Develop and maintain key vendor and other partner relationships within the PKI ecosystem in your assigned region
- Effectively train and equip resources by example, to ensure alignment with customer expectations and delivery responsibilities
- Assist in the requirement & development of technical talent associated to large scale PKI deployments and professional services, including consultant mentorship and advisory
- Identify growth opportunities within assigned accounts and projects and be the lead technical interface with the local sales team
- Provide roadmap guidance and recommendations to existing clients in the area of PKI
- Technical oversight of multiple project delivery teams in the execution of defined methodologies to meet engagement requirements and expectations
- Create, modify, and maintain technical reference architecture documentation for assigned clients and projects
- Lead and oversee the technical knowledge transfer phase of project deliveries
- Work directly with the program manager as the lead technical resource and as their central point of contact
- Act as technical escalation point to assist other consultants and senior consultants
What we're looking for
- Previous experience in a Senior Security Architect and/or Senior Engineering role
- Demonstrated experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies such as two or more of the following (Public Key Infrastructure, application security, data protection, cryptography, key management, and identity access management)
- Knowledge and experience of standard cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Implementation and configuration knowledge of Thales HSM
- Implementation and configuration knowledge of CipherTrust data security platform
- Familiarity with deployment orchestration, automation, integration and security configuration management
- Experience with integration of supporting systems with a PKI solution, such as ITSM, DevOps processes, Identity Providers or Certificate Authorities (CA)
- Experience in building out policies and processes around PKI
- PKI software experience (Venafi, AppViewX, Keyfactor, or something similar)
- Understanding of threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies
- Experience leading other technical subject matter experts
- Knowledge of general security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures, and governance
- Experience with the following associated technology areas - certificate authority, hardware security module, certificate revocation list, on-line certificate status protocol
- Understanding of the typical use-cases for the use of certificates
- Understanding of cryptographic services, encryption, secure sockets layer and key management
- Understanding of implementation and management of supporting operating systems and databases
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.