Technical Account Manager (IAM and Threat Operations)| Remote, USA
IT, Sales & Business Development, Operations
Portland, OR, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
This position will be fully remote and can be hired anywhere in the continental U.S.
The Technical Account Manager will perform recurring client business review sessions to articulate and represent Optiv Cyber Operations service delivery to the client, and how this delivery meets outcomes agreed to contractually and the client’s needs. They will be the ingestion point for client escalations and concerns and will support the Director of Client Engagement in the technical remediation of client escalations for the clients they are assigned to. Therefore, this role requires a strong command of cyber operations technical and procedural concepts with an in-depth understanding of relevant frameworks, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
The TAM will also serve as the technical subject matter expert on The Identity and Access Management (IAM) services. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop strategy, engage with senior leadership, and help deliver innovations in IAM technologies.
The Technical Account Manager leads and directs multiple, technical engagements across one or more clients under limited supervision. The Technical Account Manager supports strategic technical engagements from inception to completion, identifying and documenting requirements, supporting clients on various information security initiatives, keeping all stakeholders apprised of progress and status, and managing issues to resolution. They are responsible for the oversight and delivery of tailored outcomes to meet client needs over the contract life cycle (Assessment, Design, Implementation, Operation, Optimization). Technical Account Manager are expected to build trust and relationships with clients and leadership through the delivery of successful outcomes.
Finally, the Technical Account Manager will assist in the development and support of key process indicators to understand client satisfaction. This includes repeatable measurement of client satisfaction KPIs and working across Optiv Technical Teams at the direction of the Director to facilitate operational corrective actions needed to address tactical and systemic client satisfaction issues.
In addition, the Technical Account Manager believes and lives the Cyber Operations guiding principles:
- Deliver quality security outcomes
- Drive efficient and timely operations
- Actualize continual improvement and innovation
- Protect the customer
How you'll make an impact:
- Support information security projects from inception to completion.
- Assist with designing and documenting work processes within the SOC.
- Working experience with Threat intelligence teams to be able to interpret IOC’s and use them efficiently for alerting.
- Serve as the primary Identity and Access Management (IAM) subject matter expert leading the implementation and service delivery based our customer’s needs.
- Collaborate with engineering, and security operation teams to develop, maintain and implement enterprise wide IAM solutions.
- Understanding of monitoring devices such as firewalls, network and host-based intrusion detection systems, web applications, AV, WAF, Proxy and operating system logs
- Create technical documentation around the content deployed to the SIEM.
- Ability to recognize patterns and inconsistencies that could indicate complex cyber-attacks.
- Perform formal Architectural Review.
- Create custom rules/rule modifications and custom reports/ report modifications as needed.
- Build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively delegate and ensure timely completion of all open tickets with client.
- Assist with Identifying and assessing project risk. Build appropriate mitigation plans into the overall project initiatives.
- Assist in overall project and service offering quality and consistency.
- Assist in the Validation of the scope of the offering and of the project.
- Represent Optiv Security in customer meetings.
- Meet regularly with team to aid in identifying issues and strategies.
- Assist in actively monitoring deliverables and open tickets.
- Support projects across various functional groups, communicating impacts.
- Establish communication plans to facilitate core project team coordination and to provide status to management and extended project team members.
- Assist project management on assigned projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Assist in Identifying and prioritizing opportunities for using project and program management to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Work with Project management to maintain commitment to project milestones and deliverables and take necessary actions including escalation as necessary to achieve commitments.
- Maintain working relationships with subject matter experts and personnel across the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we're hiring for:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or at least 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- In-Depth knowledge of Knowledge Identity and Access Management (IAM), Azure, Active Directory, and a detailed understanding of SailPoint technologies
- Proficiency with MS Office and Internet Navigation required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills required.
- Previous experience in a professional services or SOC environment required.
- Experience related to security/infrastructure design, IAM, risk analysis and mitigation, disaster/contingency planning, certification/compliance testing, data loss prevention, Network Security Strategies, Technical Documentation, industry standards such as ITIL, COBIT, ISO standards, PCI, SOX, Rollout/Implementation and User Training/Support preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to input data into computer utilizing hands to finger to tab to different fields to input data.
- Ability to answer telephone and talk and hear other party.
- Ability to view computer screen, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Ability to lift 10 pounds.
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
What you can expect from Optiv
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remotely/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.