Sr. Service Desk Analyst | Hybrid, Denver, CO
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
The Senior Service Desk Analyst provides moderately complex support and rapid resolution to end users at Optiv for IT issues and update requests via helpdesk. The Senior Service Desk Analyst will be required to address issues that are escalated due to complexity as well as provide informal, on the spot training on the use of PCs, operating systems and applications as well as configure end-user PCs.
How you'll make an impact:
- Accept technical support calls and emails to the I.T. Department and track issues to resolution via an enterprise help desk system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user hardware, operating system, and software related problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic network and server access problems for end users.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with voice communications (i.e., VoIP telephones) and voicemail systems.
- Analyze and forward support issues that cannot be addressed by the HelpDesk to appropriate IT personnel.
- Install, configure, and test laptops/desktops, mobile devices, peripherals and software.
- Responsible for new user setup including user account creation and image-based hardware deployments.
- Maintain inventory of hardware devices and software licensing.
- Educate staff on appropriate use of hardware and software to prevent errors and promote efficiency. Complete assigned company-wide rollouts of upgraded desktops, laptops, monitors and other computer equipment
- Develop and update help desk documentation and procedures.
- Assist employees using Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7) and applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Develop technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills on the Optiv internal applications and IT environment.
- Must be willing to be on-site up to 3 days per week.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we're looking for:
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Computer Science, Information Technology or other related field; or two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of general Help Desk experience in an enterprise environment required.
- Experience supporting Windows desktop operating systems required.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office required.
- Working knowledge of OS image creation and deployment concepts and best practices required.
- Working knowledge of laptop/desktop/peripheral hardware required.
- Willingness and ability to take call after hours and on weekends required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on providing clear, concise and professional documentation for areas of assigned responsibility required.
- At least two relevant Microsoft or CompTIA certifications preferred.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory preferred.
- Working knowledge of networks and network cabling preferred.
- Working knowledge of automated software deployment mechanisms preferred
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be eligible to attain Security Clearance
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cybersecurity solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations – Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management. Optiv remains committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion within our organization and throughout the industry.
With Optiv you can expect
• Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge as well as 9 paid holidays annually
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Premium contributions by Optiv to Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
• Contributions by Optiv to Health Saving Accounts (HSA)
• Optiv-paid Basic Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability
• Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement, certification support and student loan refinancing
• Optiv matching contribution to 401(k) with immediate vesting
• Health Advocate/ Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – One-on-one help navigating healthcare and insurance systems; confidential Licensed Counseling sessions
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.