Application Security - Consultant | Hybrid, Bangalore, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Security Consultants are resources that have shown the ability to rapidly learn new processes and technologies while taking guidance and mentoring from various resources throughout Optiv. Security Consultants will be expected to heavily contribute to client projects while working to advance their various skill sets within their respective Practice Area.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Assist with day-to-day billable operations within various client projects; including:
- Performing vulnerability assessments and penetration tests
- Create and contribute to project reports
- Provide clients tactical and strategic guidance aimed at helping achieve project goals and mature security postures
- Work with Managing Consultant to:
- Develop and communicate client project status
- Set project expectations
- Ensure the timely delivery of all consulting work
- Develop project reports that document client findings or identified issues and report findings to client management
- Help develop and mature client rapport through onsite and remote communications
- Assist Managing Consultant in troubleshooting client issues and questions
- Track and monitor current trends within the Application Security industry
- Have a thorough understanding and expertise on relevant facets of the Application Security industry and assist team members in answering procedural and technical questions
- Contribute content to the Optiv blog and present on security related topics (via conferences, webinars)
- Obtain and evolve technical expertise through formal and informal training and other technical initiatives
- Acquire and maintain technical certifications and industry recognized credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related area of study; or four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 4-6 years of Information Security experience required (Web AND API AND Mobile security assessments).(Must have)
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences including executives
- Ability to work both independently as well as on teams
- Ability to describe Secure SDLC best practices, especially to drive remediation of software vulnerabilities
- Ability to explain open-source security and software supply chain risks
- Experience working with open source and commercial SAST, DAST, and SCA technologies
- Deep knowledge of CVE, CWE, CVSS, and common vulnerability classes
- Hold one or more security certifications: CEH, ECSA, eWPT, eMAPT, eWPTX, etc.
- Advanced certifications (CISSP, OSCP, OSWE, GWAPT, GPEN) a plus
- Ability to ensure a time overlap by working for a few hours during US time
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.