SOAR - Senior Automation Engineer | On-site, Bangalore, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Our engineers are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. An engineer must be driven and proactive with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues.
How you’ll make an impact:
- The primary purpose of this role is to act as the orchestration strategist in identifying incident response activity where mitigating controls would be automated. This is accomplished in a four pronged approach:
- Identify mitigating controls through repetitive manual processes within the SOC Analyst community that complies with client security policy and industry best practices
- In concert with Data Scientists, within the "Proactive Hunting" process, translate complex, and non-complex Incident Response event patterns into an automated process mitigating control
- In coordination with SOC Operations, Data Scientists, Service Delivery Manager, and Application Development Engineers, produce the requirements necessary to translate manual Incident Response events into automated mitigating controls through the use of several industry standard platforms, research patterns to gain decision making criteria, and coding languages.
What we’re looking for
- Strong ability to code in python (Django/Flask)/ node js , d3 js
- Ability to work with SQL and NOSQL efficiently
- The candidate will most likely have spent time in every role of the SOC Operations, operating model
- Understand the computational decision making process in automating complex scenarios
- Strong collaboration skills that in turn translates efficient processes into automated decision making functions and determinations through the use of a wide range of industry standard platforms, data mining strategies, and investigative tools
- Excellent written and oral communicating skills
- Unrivalled ability to work with highly complex, technical individuals to translate computing technology into everyday communication topics
- Ability to explain highly technical standards, and solutions to junior personnel, and senior leadership
- Comprehend complex data sets, and create own algorithms if necessary to accomplish tasks
- Experienced in writing requirements documentation for data programming solutions
- Focus is developing automation scripts to interconnect security systems using a proprietary platform that uses python code to configure automation actions
- Minimum 5+ years of industrial experience
- Security background preferred
- Experience in REST APIs, Data storage ,Elastic search or SIEM(splunk, sumologic etc ), Web Development
- Experience in using python in backend solutions
- Experience in orchestration or messaging platforms such as Phantom: Security Automation & Orchestration Platform is a plus.
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.