SIEM (Splunk) - Sr. Engineer | On-site, Bangalore, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, July 4, 2023
The Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for creation of procedures, implementation of processes and development of staff for managing and maintaining security systems across internal and client environments. Experience and knowledge of SIEM or Situational Awareness are essential. The Security Engineer will work closely with Management, Senior Engineers, Threat Analysts, Solution Architects, other Security Engineers and clients to complete high profile, critical services to existing Managed Security Service clients. Serve as a primary responder for Managed Security customer systems, taking ownership of client configuration issues and tracking through resolution.
How you’ll make an impact
- 6+ years professional experience supporting and maintaining SIEM systems.
- 2-3 years professional experience working with networks and network architecture.
- Experience with basic tuning of SIEM content.
- College degree or equivalent training with experience working in a Security Operations Center, Managed Security, or clientn etwork environment.
- Information security knowledge in one or more areas such as Enterprise end-point security products (i.e. McAfee e-Policy Orchestrator, Virus Scan, Anti-Spyware, Host Data Loss Protection, Endpoint Encryption, etc.) Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM),Firewall, Web Proxy, E-Mail and Web Gateway etc. to include: Palo Alto / Checkpoint / Juniper / McAfee / Cisco / Blue Coat / Imperva etc.
- Understanding of network operations a must; ideal candidate will have worked with network engineering or network security analysis.
- Experience with SIEM content creation and reporting.
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills.
- Superior IT problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Linux OS.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to explain complex problems to nontechnical teams
- Experience working with clients in a service delivery function.
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide after-hours support when needed
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field is required
- Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing and Knowledge Base Systems for Incident and Problem tracking as well as procedures. (i.e. Service Now, Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- General security knowledge (GIAC, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, or other security certifications).
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- An understanding of a wide array of server grade applications such as: DBMS, Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, Identity Management, Patch Management, LDAP, SQL, and others.
- Experience with various SIEM security products such as: QRadar, Nitro, Splunk, Exabeam, Sentinel, ArcSight, LogRhythm and infrastructure components such as proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP etc.
- Hold Logrhythm Certifications: LRPA and LRSE
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.