IAM - Directory Services - Principal Engineer | On-site, Bangalore, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
At Optiv, we're on a missing to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest-growing companies in a truly essential industry. Join us!
Our principal engineers are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A principal engineer must be driven and proactive with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues.
How you’ll make an impact
- The role will focus on the tactical execution of the program, including building, promoting, and implementing policies, standards, and procedures in Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Information Protection.
- Serve as a liaison between functional areas and IT to ensure that data related business requirements for leveraging, retaining, and protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated, and well understood and considered as part of the operational execution, prioritization, and planning.
- Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and system monitoring.
- Migrate customer on prem Active Directories to Azure Active Directory utilizing Microsoft & Optiv best practices.
- Participate in daily standups, planning, and operational meetings.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on outcomes driving impact.
- Support for multi-domain environments, including hybrid configurations like Active Directory and Azure AD
- Provide root cause analysis and support problem management when troubleshooting technical issues and supporting incident management in accordance with applicable SLAs.
- Coordinate effectively with other teams to lead a big incident troubleshooting session and quickly resume service.
- Assist team members as needed.
- Monitor major patch releases as soon as they are issued by vendors, and plan, install, and test them as soon as possible.
- Keep an eye on current alerts and run a regular service health check. Strengthen monitoring proactively as and when gaps are identified.
- LDAP Directory services
- User provisioning
- Privilege Identity Management
- Access certification
- Access management and federation
- Entitlements management
- Role management
- Strategy and road map for Identity & Access Management
- Strong authentication
Below are the deliverables expected from the candidate to provide services to clients through following key areas of IAM:
What we’re looking for
- Minimum of 10+ years of hands-on experience working with one or more of the products (e.g., SiteMinder, Radiant Logic).
- Strong experience and deep knowledge of Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) and OpenID Connect (OIDC)/OAuth protocols.
- Proven experience with end-to-end solution design, system integration, and deployment (IAM)
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory/LDAP
- Linux/Unix experience
- Security technology operations (SiteMinder, LDAP, certificates, etc.)
- Azure Active Directory / Conditional Access / DNS / DHCP / PKI certificate infrastructure.
- Configuring, maintaining, and monitoring the SiteMinder application
- SiteMinder Elevated Access Management
- Creation and management of tools for standardized procurement tasks
- Escalation point for app owners running into app connectivity issues.
- Investigate and remedy issues or provide recommendations for correction.
- Participate and be a member of the team for various projects.
- Perform runtime and maintenance activities.
- Participate in audits and perform compliance activities.
- Work with internal teams and client teams
- Work with service teams to secure various technologies.
- Ensure the security of the customer's environment.
- Participate in on-call support rotation covering off hours, weekends and holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related area of study.
- Prior experience performing hands-on system configuration changes or system patching as a system administrator, network administrator, or software developer.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.).
- Understanding of different Operating Systems, network architectures, network devices, and software suites (e.g., Windows, Linux, Macs, Active Directory, etc.).
- Good knowledge & experience in Active Directory user administration, certificate management, group management.
- IAM technology certifications
- Exposure to other security domains other than Identity & Access Management
- Ability to work well with client and self-manage through difficult situations, focused on client satisfaction.
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.