Sr. Analyst - ThreatHunter I On-site, Bangalore
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
The Threat Hunter be responsible for participating in threat actor based investigations, creating new detection methodologies, and provided expert support to incident response and monitoring functions. The focus of the Threat Hunter is to detect, disrupt and eradicate the presence of threat actors from enterprise networks. To execute this mission, the Threat Hunter will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies. You will also directly support the Security Operations Center by applying analytic and technical skills to investigate intrusions, identify malicious activity and potential insider threats, and perform incident response
How you’ll make an impact
- Analyze, document and report on potential security incidents identified in customer environments
- Work with partners to maintain an understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits that could impact systems, networks, and assets
- Act as a coordinator for security events that require urgent response, containment and remediation
- Provide analysis on various security enforcement technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, anti-virus, content filtering/reporting, malware prevention, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, messaging security platforms, vulnerability scanners etc.
- Perform knowledge transfers, document and train clients regarding mitigation of identified threats
- Provide ongoing recommendations to other MSS peers and customers on tuning and best practices
- Actively research current threats and attack vectors being exploited in the wild
- Actively work with associate analysts and perform investigations on escalations
- Ability to discuss security posture with multiple clients and make recommendations to better their holistic security approach
- Act as lead during assigned shifts
- Maintain and develop SOP’s and KB’s
What we’re looking for
- Five or more years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Managed Security Service (MSS), or Managed Detection and Response and Threat Hunting
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills
- Ability to generate comprehensive written reports and recommendations
- Write professional emails
- Coaching and training experience
- Ability to create, maintain and deliver trainings to the rest of the team
- Previous experience as a point of escalation in a technical environment
- Customer interactions and creation of executive presentations
- Understanding of contemporary security architectures/devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, remote access technologies, anti-malware, SIEM, and AV
- Ability to work with stakeholders to better develop specific environments to report on critical security events
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and ask probing questions to find the root cause or a problem
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success, and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! As a market-leading provider of cyber security solutions, Optiv has the most comprehensive ecosystem of security products and partners to deliver unparalleled services. Our rich and successful history with our clients is based on trust, serving more than 12,000 clients of varying sizes and industries, including commercial, government, and education. We have the proven expertise to plan, build, and run successful security programs across Risk Management, Cyber Digital Transformation, Threat Management, Security Operations - Managed Services, and Identity and Data Management.
With Optiv you can expect
• A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion through our Affinity groups including, Black Employee Network, Disabled Employee Network, Latino Employee Network, Optiv Pride (LGBTQIA+), Veterans Support Network, and Women's Network.
• Work/life balance.
• Professional training resources
• Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
• Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
• The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Optiv respects your privacy. By providing your information through this page or applying for a job at Optiv, you acknowledge that Optiv will collect, use, and process your information, which may include personal information and sensitive personal information, in connection with Optiv’s selection and recruitment activities. For additional details on how Optiv uses and protects your personal information in the application process, click here to view our Applicant Privacy Notice. If you sign up to receive notifications of job postings, you may unsubscribe at any time.